Skip to content
- IRELAND COULD be heading back into a full nationwide lockdown after health officials advised the implementation of the highest level of restrictions.
- The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) has recommended the government introduces Level Five restrictions across the entire country.
- Under Level Five restrictions, the public will be asked to remain at home and work remotely, where possible, while excursions outdoors will be limited to exercise within 5km of home.
- Bars, cafes and restaurants, including those based in hotels, will be required to close and allowed operate as takeaway venues only.
- Essential retail outlets will be the only allowed to remain open while public gatherings and house visits would be banned.
- Schools and creches would remain open but all sporting events, elite or otherwise, would be required to cease.
- Funerals would be limited to 10 people while weddings would be allowed just six guests.